Frank's Freedom

Meet Frank. He’s 13 years old, and is curious, busy, fun happy and bright. He has a mental delay, but that doesn’t stop him from being friendly, engaging and kind. He’s also an orphan in Eastern Europe. This means he is in an institution. If he is not adopted by age 16, he will be thrown out on the street with nothing but the clothes on his back and his “disabled orphan” status. Let me tell you more about Frank.

He’s little, about the size of a 7 year old. And he’s smart. He is in a group with teenage boys ages 16-24. He does puzzles and he does his chores diligently. He is very kind to the younger children. Frank is friendly and engaging. He likes being with the boys, but is happy being alone too. He plays appropriately with toys and is “all boy”. He could very easily function in a family. Frank is curious, smart, fun and sweet. He likes to play in the dirt and jump on the trampoline. Frank is independent, a good eater, is happy and content. Frank is physically healthy. He walks, runs, feeds himself, speaks, does puzzles and interacts with others well. He's a sweet boy who seems rather unaffected by his surroundings. He has no future where he's at, and without help, he's never getting out. Institutions are a one way ticket to nowhere. And this little boy deserves a future. This little boy will be a blessing to any family.

The Baker family has committed to adopt Frank and another boy, Emmitt. But international adoption is pretty expensive. The adoption would cost about $30,000. Reece’s Rainbow is an organization that helps with this cost. They set up grants for children in 25 countries around the world, and any money that is donated to these funds is given to the families to help with adoption fees. With Reece's Rainbow's help, the Baker family only needs about $10,000 to bring home both boys!





Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Prince Sergey

It's Prince Sergey's 5th birthday today! Actually, in his country, it's already pasted. He didn't get any toys, no cards, no presents. It may not have even been recognized. Spud and I made him a video, but my camera cord has gone missing :( so i can't post it. It will be posted as soon as possible.


Dear Sergey,
From the moment I saw your beautiful eyes, I knew you were the one. I am doing the best to find you a family, but it's kinda hard. People here in America are scared. They are scared of the price, they are scared of adopting, they are scared of all that paperwork. I really wish they didn't put a price on forever families. And adopting isn't all that bad, I think it's almost better than biological kids. And I wish there wasn't so much paperwork. But YOU ARE WORTH IT, Prince S.
Maybe you want to know why I call Prince S. Well, your name is Sergey, and you are a son of the Risen King, Jesus, so you are a prince in my eyes, no matter what the world says.
I pray with all my heart that you will not be transferred to a mental institution. You don't deserve it. No child does. I KNOW your American (or Canadian) family is out there. They might even see this letter. I hope they do. I hope they realize that even with a condition like cerebral palsy, you are still a super smart boy. You are just like other kids, you just have some trouble expressing yourself and getting around. You get around to the fullest of your ability, and in America (or Canada)you could get help to make you even better (not that you aren't awesome the way you are).

I hope I will be able to see you next year when we travel to your country. If we don't, I want the reason to be that you are home, not in an institution or worse.
God does make miracles happen, and there is one in your future. I wrote a birthday letter for Sullivan for his fifth birthday, and found out he was getting adopted the next day. Now he's home in America.

Do you remember Sullivan? He was in your groupa. He had blond hair, blue eyes. He couldn't walk either. Then a month ago, he was visited by some Americans right? And on Friday, he disappeared, didn't he? You won't see him again, he is in America now. Maybe your new family will take you to go see him again. Or Katya. She will be leaving soon. Can you tell her her family is hurrying as fast as they can? Thanks. I KNOW your family is out there. Maybe they know you, and just don't know you are their son yet. Maybe you have met them.

I pray you will be home for your 6th birthday. Anthony turns six soon doesn't he? 62 days. I hope you will get to celebrate with him, meaning he isn't transferred. I hope both of you find families. I hope everyone in your orphanage will get adopted. If only 1% of the people who call themselves Christians adopted just one child each, there wouldn't be anymore orphans. So why don't they go? It says in the bible that "Pure Religion is this: to look after orphans in their distress." (James 1:27). Adopting is helping, right? Well, Happy Birthday, Sergey. We had a birthday party for you, I hope you will be here to enjoy it next year.


1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! That is a lovely letter! How cool that you wrote one for Sullivan and now he's adopted! Keep up the good work! I just wanted to let you know that I wrote a blog post about the dream I had where I adopted Anthony! You can view it at www.allchildrenareablessing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Either positive or negative comments are good because it shows I am still relevant. -Justin Guarini